Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Coffee Bean Tuesday Poetry Read

I love coffee bean. I stopped by tonight after leaving my mom's house. I noticed they were having their weekly poetry reading. Its starts with an hour long open mic...I really want to read something I've written there but I'm a tad intimidated by the crowd. As I wait for my coffee and fight the urge to sneak a peek at the open mic I see the most beautiful man I've ever seen in person. I understand the word beautiful isn't a word commonly used to describe a man but well, to me he was walking perfection. I have to admit I'm blinded by a few things. I don't think the type of man that catches my attention is ever seen as attractive by conventional standards. To me, apart from intellect, a bearded man is the sexiest thing. Once I see a beard I melt, my cheeks go flush, heart races, and I flee. I'm okay with the fact that I turned and ran. I hope I can see him again. He was averaged height, I'd guess about 5'7, medium to slim build, and he had light brown hair and a full, trimmed beard. He was dressed in khakis, I think, a collared shirt and a pullover sweater. Honestly, he looked as if he walked out of a Ralph Lauren Polo ad. Strangely enough, I kinda want to just sit and admire him from afar. I know that's sounds crazy but often the fantasy beats the reality. I know if I see him again I won't say hi, but at least it'll make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment