Sunday, March 9, 2014

i need friends

I read an essay today that I found super excited. I was told, repeatedly, that after I took Modern Grammar I'd never read anything the same again. I've found that to be the case. I'm doing work for an independent study. This semester has been super boring for the most part. This essay was the most exciting part and I have no one to share that with. Lame sauce. I'm going to write a read and response journal entry about this. It sucks to not have any friends that I have things in common with. Most of my friends like literature but don't care to talk about it. I thought about how I'd approach the essay if I were to teach it. Maybe I'll get to some day. I keep saying "this essay". If you're curious, dear reader, it's "Conversation in the Mountains" by Paul Celan. It's rather short. I find the different uses of personal pronouns to be super interesting. I'm uncomfortable with using pronouns in my poems because that makes them feel "too personal". I need to find friends that would find this equally interesting. I'm bored in my classes, bored at work, and bored in life. On a positive note, I haven't written that much lately and taken to painting. This essay will have me writing for a while. I've been told by several teachers that it's a good sign when something you read compels you to write. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment