Thursday, February 28, 2013

Flicker


Why do I give so much credence to my dreams? 
 
Deja vu  sets in.  Someone turned off the lights in my dreams.  I know this room.  I’ve been here before.  Unsteady on my feet, I walk slowly, each step more cautious than the last.  A table finds the edge of my palm as I stumble over the leg of a chair.  It’s darker now.  The shadows have disappeared.  A faint light flickers in the distance.  How to reach it?  Guided by the edge of the table I slowly lower my body as my knees reach the floor, smooth and cold.  Submitting to the darkness, at its mercy, I begin to crawl, fearful of what’s ahead.  One, two, one, two, counting the legs of the chairs I encounter as I go, eight chairs have passed, the light flickers more brightly.  One, two, one, two, one, two, at the end of the table I stand.  The lights turn on.  I see a door covered in darkness.  My left hand extends… 

No comments:

Post a Comment